- English First Additional Language
- English Home Language
a word group (phrase) that takes the place and role of an adverb. There are several different types of adverbial phrases:
- adverbial phrase of time, e.g. I will come before sunset.
- adverbial phrase of place, e.g. Please go to the car.
- adverbial phrase of manner, e.g. I shall work as hard as possible.
- adverbial phrase of condition, e.g. I shall help you if possible.
- adverbial phrase of purpose, e.g. I asked you to come here to help you.
- adverbial phrase of reason, e.g. I helped her because of her need.
a twist or sudden change in the plot that reverses the fortune of one of the characters in a way...
to revise and improve a piece of writing by revising content, sentence and paragraph structure...
used in photography and filmmaking to create effects. Natural lighting is used, but...
a moving or still image in the photograph taken by the camera. See close-up, extreme close-up,...